Re: mc ongoing bug

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 01:03:49PM +0100, Mike McEwan wrote:
> Ronald de Man <deman@win.tue.nl> writes:
>
> > Then either you're running gmc from a non-writable directory, or
> > you have a limit on the size of coredumps.
> >
> > You don't need the coredump itself as long as you can reproduce the
> > problem (which you can). Just do:
> >
> > gdb
> > file /usr/local/bin/gmc
> > attach <pid of gmc>
> > continue
> > <now make gmc crash by right clicking on an icon>
> > bt
>
>   I think you may be confusing yourself as to what the problem *is*
> here? This problem is (described in earlier postings in this thread)
> that the `file listing' panel of gmc does not let go of the cursor
> when, for example, selecting view on a file from the right mouse-click
> popup context menu. There is *no* crash here.

OOPS !!!

You're right. I'm afraid I didn't read much further after I noticed you
had a problem with right clicking.

Hmmm. I'm not experiencing this problem.

I might have asked this before, but does this happen with window managers
other than enlightenment?
And you can still produce a stacktrace (I think) by going to a console
and running gdb from there. I don't know how useful such a stacktrace would
be, though.

Ronald