Re: mc ongoing bug

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 01:34:57PM +0200, Ronald de Man wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 04:05:30AM +0100, Mike McEwan wrote:
> > Ronald de Man <deman@win.tue.nl> writes:
> >
> > > I experienced this today for the first time. I decided to make a backtrace,
> > > so recompiled gmc with options -g -O2. Now the bug was gone. My compiler
> > > is pgcc-1.1.1 and by default I compile with -O6. What compiler and
> > > compilation flags are you using?
> >
> >   I'm also using pgcc-1.1.1, however I have been using the default
> > CFLAGS provided in the gmc Makefile. I believe this is `-g -O2' (or
> > perhaps just `-g' with no optimisation) by default - no? The same
> > flags which do *not* give you the problem.
>
> The default is '-g -O2', and yes, this is giving me no problems.

I just read some messages from a few days ago in which Miguel stated that
the Makefile of gmc doesn't have full dependencies. That might explain why
doing a 'make clean' and recompiling from scratch solved the problem.
So it might have nothing to do with what compiler or compiler option
you're using. Try a clean compile.

Ronald