Re: GnomeAnimator widget

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 10:23:02PM +0200, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
>     Eckehard> Why not let the animator widget be that additional
>     Eckehard> library. Tell it to load its animation from a GIF, MPEG,
>     Eckehard> etc. and if you intend to use these images differently,
>     Eckehard> just fetch the frames out of it.
>
> In my original idea, this widget was going to be very simple (as it
> actually is now), and would delegate such tasks to another library, be
> it Imlib or another more animation-oriented library.

Hmm, maybe you're right. And it at least doesn't harm to have an additional
library for animation loading/saving. Or else widget might get to bloated.

> In any case, if animated GIF, MPEG, AVI (or whatever) support is
> needed, I'd like to help putting it in...  I am not just sure *where*
> it should be placed.
>
>     Eckehard> I don't remember (and deleted the original mail), but I
>     Eckehard> think the animator API provides this.
>
> It does not yet allow you to extract frames, but just a couple of
> additional lines are needed.

Okay, then take this as a vote to expand the API to allow it :-) This might be
useful if you want to build a small animation studio around this widget.

BTW, did your API allow to specify delays between frames individually?

--
Eckehard Berns