Re: GnomeAnimator widget

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 06:35:49PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> > I don't know if this would go into Imlib. Animated GIFs are quite special.
> > Maybe this should be implemented in the GnomeAnimator widget.
>
> Maybe it would be appropriate to have a library that sat on top of imlib
> that was responsible for reading an animated image file (animated gifs,
> mngs, etc) and outputing a list of GdkImlibImage structures (or something
> similar). I don't think tieing the GtkAnimator to one image format would
> be a good idea.

Why not let the animator widget be that additional library. Tell it to load
its animation from a GIF, MPEG, etc. and if you intend to use these images
differently, just fetch the frames out of it. I don't remember (and deleted
the original mail), but I think the animator API provides this.

--
Eckehard Berns