Re: 19980917 compiling

> If you are going to build out of scripts, I don't understand why you
> need the `autogen.sh' scripts.  They basically do
>
> 	aclocal	(with `-I macros' in case of most gnome packages).
> 	autoheader
> 	autoconf
> 	automake --libtool --add-missing

the point is : they are different for many packages, for example libraries
need libtool stuff.
if i had a way to detect everything, then i could work without.
but how can i detect that libtool is required ?
or some strange parameters that i don't know ?
hmm. will try...

> > ok: (did compile without problems - not a full check, but the first step)
> > glib gtk+ imlib gnome-libs ORBit
>
> (Assuming you built in this order)
> I would suggest ORBit before gnome-libs.

ok fixed.

> >  gnome-common
>
> This need not be built.

does it hurt ? should i build it later or not at all ?

> > gnome-xml achtung atech balsa ee form-maker gcmm gedit ggv gimp gle
> > gnumeric gtk-- gwp libIDL
>
> `libIDL' probably doesn't need to be built separately.  It's built and
> installed as part of ORBit.

ok, removed from built list.

> And, oh no, you haven't built `gnome-core' and `gnome-games'.

didn't work (see first bug report).

andreas