Re: aggressive computers (was: Word Processors)

On Fri, Sep 18, 1998 at 12:07:45PM -0400, Warren Baird wrote:
> I am fully in favour of having assistants and of having them on by default,
> as long as it's easy to turn them off (and that they never voluntarily come
> back after being turned off).

I'm all for this as well. However, I think we should learn one thing
from MS and make them non-modal. All the Word assistants pop up and
start yelling at you, and you have to dismiss them before you can go
back to what you were doing. I've seen this confuse many beginning
users (i.e. "why can't I type anymore?") and it definetly annoys me.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net