Re: _Xsetlocale reference?

John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> writes:

> What is CJK?

China-Japan-Korea.  X compiled without -DX_LOCALE is not satisfactory
to CJK language users, since glibc2 still lacks multibyte supports.

> > But your GTK+ library was compiled with -DX_LOCALE.  GTK+'s configure
> > script automatically adds -DX_LOCALE to $(CFLAGS) when the setlocale()
> > fails.
>
> That makes sense.  What's the best way to compile gtk+ without
> -DX_LOCALE?  Isn't there a ./configure --disable-nls switch?

Try `./configure --with-locale="C"'.  Definitely it will disable
-DX_LOCALE.

> > Check if your locale (data, environment variable) is correct.
>
> Where do I do this?  I'm not very familiar with how the locale stuff
> works.

If you are an English-only user, you can just do "LANG=C; export LANG"
in ~/.shrc or whatever.  If you are not, ask to locale experts..  :)

--
Changwoo Ryu