Re: _Xsetlocale reference?

Changwoo Ryu wrote:

> Your Xlib was not compiled with -DX_LOCALE.  It is not a problem on a
> glibc2 system (at least for non-CJK).

What is CJK?

> But your GTK+ library was compiled with -DX_LOCALE.  GTK+'s configure
> script automatically adds -DX_LOCALE to $(CFLAGS) when the setlocale()
> fails.

That makes sense.  What's the best way to compile gtk+ without
-DX_LOCALE?  Isn't there a ./configure --disable-nls switch?  Any thoughts
on why gtk+ compiled it in this time (and didn't previously, probably
around the same time GNOME 0.28 was released)?  Perhaps the autoconf/make
scripts have changed slightly since then.  In any case, I would much
rather recompile GTK+ than XFree86.  (c:

> Check if your locale (data, environment variable) is correct.

Where do I do this?  I'm not very familiar with how the locale stuff
works.

Thanks,
John