Re: CORBA interface to gnome calendar

>  Does anyone have a document describing a CORBA interface for gnome
>  calendar?  I am interested in one that can be used to fetch data WITHOUT
>  connecting to the X server?  I didn't see any OMG docs with an interface
>  for a calendar program.  If not, I am going to start writing an interface
>  and then will implement it in gnome cal.  Hopefully, this will allow only
>  one gnomecal process to serve all the requests, and if another one is
>  fired up while one is running we can just kick the nongui CORBA server to
>  pop up its window.

Maybe this should be handled by the calendar server (it does not
preclude adding CORBA bindings to it, but I think using the standard
Internet calendaring protocols is the right thing here).

Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> may be working on the IRIP part of
the protocol suite.  I really don't have time to work on ITIP, which
is the big part -- I would appreciate help on this.

There are two important places you should know about if you want to
help with this:

	http://www.imc.org/pdi/ - the vCalendar and vCard stuff.
	vCalendar support in Gnomecal has to be finished (basically,
	fixing a couple of bugs in the vCal data generation,
	supporting categories and attendees).

	http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/ - All the gory details of
	iCalendar, ITIP, CAP, IRIP, IMIP, and friends.

Preston asked me to set up a mailing list to discuss this, so I'll
make sure it is created and get back to you.

  Federico