Re: A Proposal For The Addition Of Color-Reactiveness To The GNOME Desktop

Toshio Kuratomi <badger@prtr-13.ucsc.edu> writes:

> But "we've already moved past this point in the course of discussing the
> initial proposal.[BJP]"  Colour-reactiveness as it is being discussed now
> will require:
>     1) Rewriting one's WM to take advantage of special hints that communicate
>        state change.
>     2) Rewriting any apps that you want to present colour reactiveness as part
>        of its UI.

Well, then how about considering alternatives. While Raster doesn't like
the idea, it just has to be mentioned: CORBA.

There's been a discussion on this list about 'progress bar applet' -
gathering all the progress bars into a single applet, rather than
having them clutter the screen, and controlling progress applet via
CORBA.

Application states might be considered to be extension of this idea.
Question: Will ORBit be small enough/efficient enough to be used as
ubiquitous communication subsystem? (read: Will it be small enough not
to bloat window manager - or even lamp applet - you add it to?)

--
I refuse to use .sig