Re: A Proposal For The Addition Of Color-Reactiveness To The GNOME Desktop

Raj> Firstly, I think putting the responsiblity with the window
Raj> manager is a good thing (tm).

Why?

My first reaction whenever I see a proposal to put something into the
wm is to reject it.  My reason is that there are many window managers,
and everybody has his own preference.  It's better to keep wm
requirements as small as possible, and put extended functionality into
a new program.

Then we have control over the program, and we also don't require a
weird setup.

Think of it like requiring something to be added to everybody's text
editor, or everybody's mail reader.  It just doesn't happen.

Tom