Re: A Proposal For The Addition Of Color-Reactiveness To The GNOME Desktop

Tom Tromey wrote:

> My first reaction whenever I see a proposal to put something into the
> wm is to reject it.  My reason is that there are many window managers,
> and everybody has his own preference.  It's better to keep wm
> requirements as small as possible, and put extended functionality into
> a new program.

Huh?

> Then we have control over the program, and we also don't require a
> weird setup.

....again, -huh?-

> Think of it like requiring something to be added to everybody's text
> editor, or everybody's mail reader.  It just doesn't happen.

Color-reactiveness isn't like that -at all- ..Haven't you read the
original proposal? There is *nothing* in it at all about how everyone
needs to rewrite or append their apps to take advantage of color-reactive
desktop elements. I think you need to do your homework.