Re: recently on the WindowMaker list

> > I can not remember you asking me this on a daily basis.  I do not
> > remember this being the case.
>
> Sorry, my bad typing.  I meant that I see you just about every day on
> IRC, and I have asked you in the past when the GNOME <-> window manager
> integration subject was first raised exactly what GNOME needed and you
> didn't know.  This "I don't know" answer persisted over several months
> until I gave up and believed it ;-)

the thing is we aren't the ones writing the WMs ... so we won't tell you
exactly what you need to do ... I personally like the icewm hints
proposal as we need such hints ... but it's msotly between you wm
authors on how you implement those ... whichever you guys pick will be
the ones gnome uses ... you should ideally all agree on one set of hints
... so that the whole thing isn't a mess ... I think the icewm hints also
take care of some KDE hints as well ...

the other issue is session managment and we are pretty firm in that every
gnome friendly WM should include that ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: