-lgdk -vs- -lgdk-1.1

It seems that recently we changed over to gtk-1.1 gdk-1.1 and glib-1.1.

However, when I get gtk+ fresh from cvs, it still installs on my system as
libgtk. no -1.1. However, the gtk-config that gets installed spits out -1.1. So
I either have to edit gtk-config, or link the libs it installs. the only
reference I could find to -1.1 in the tree was in the .spec file.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

(RH5, Latest libtool, autoconf, etc.)