Re: Re[1]: Writing panel applets?

>> I don't really understand your comment about gnuclient style
>> launching.  Could you elaborate?

Eric> Anyway, the point is that what you execute for an existing app
Eric> is different from what you run for an already existing
Eric> application.

Ok, I understand what you mean.

This is only a problem for gnuclient because it is not really smart
enough.  If it were smarter, it would turn itself into Emacs if it
noticed that Emacs was already running.

For instance, I believe "netscape -remote" does this.

For requests made through CORBA, this should happen automatically.
That's because a request for an object will cause the program
implementing the object to be launched.

Tom