Re[1]: Writing panel applets?

>>> Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> seems to think that:
>Eric> The only problem w/ a corba interface like that is if you choose
>Eric> to use emacs/gnuclient style launching.  While there is a corba
>Eric> interface builder for emacs lisp, pine does not.  (Unless there
>Eric> are wrapper objects I suppose)
>
>Wrapper objects are definitely the way to go with legacy code.
>
>I know Emacs has a CORBA DII interface, but I don't think it has DSI
>(or any server capability) yet.
>
>I don't really understand your comment about gnuclient style
>launching.  Could you elaborate?
  [ ... ]

There are two emacs programs that can tell emacs what to do.
"emacsclient" can tell a running emacs to edit a file.  When done,
emacsclient exits.  (One X emacs session for all your editing needs).

"gnudoit" (or something of that nature) can send arbitrary lisp
instructions to emacs, though I haven't played with it myself yet.  I
sort of mutated the name.  I must've been thinking deep (important?)
thoughts. ;)

Anyway, the point is that what you execute for an existing app is
different from what you run for an already existing application.

-Eric

--
|\/\/\___/\/\/|  Eric Ludlam                 zappo@gnu.org; zappo@ultranet.com
\____ o o ____/  Homepage:                      http://www.ultranet.com/~zappo