Re: Re[1]: Writing panel applets?

Eric> The only problem w/ a corba interface like that is if you choose
Eric> to use emacs/gnuclient style launching.  While there is a corba
Eric> interface builder for emacs lisp, pine does not.  (Unless there
Eric> are wrapper objects I suppose)

Wrapper objects are definitely the way to go with legacy code.

I know Emacs has a CORBA DII interface, but I don't think it has DSI
(or any server capability) yet.

I don't really understand your comment about gnuclient style
launching.  Could you elaborate?

Eric> It may be that a default feature of gnome is to identify an
Eric> already running copy of itself (the app linking gnome), and
Eric> forward instructions.  Does gnome_init know everything it needs
Eric> to do this?  Do we dare assume a user would want this behavior?

I think this kind of decision is appropriately made on a
per-application basis.  And, in fact, this is another decision that
should be centralized along with user preferences.

Tom