RE: one question and one proposal

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, robert havoc pennington wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, yiyus wrote:
> >
> > I would like to participate on this. I don't know a lot about C and very few
> > about Gtk, but I think these tasks will be easy enough for me and few people
> > here will want to work on them. It is the dirty job which nobody wants to
> > do.
> >

> it'd involve updating the style guide - this is tricky, you have to avoid

Can I urge everyone to add some stuff about consistency in the wording of
menuitems. As I was preparing the Swedish translation (Yes, it is getting
ready) I noted that we use different words for the same thing in every
other place and btw. is it GNOME or gnome? As an example, we tend to mix
preferneces, settings, configuration and setup. This may be ok for English
but in Swedish it is a pain since we have words for each of these but some
of them are less used, almost considered obsolete. Therfore we should
select one word, put that in the style guide and stick with it.

Martin

Martin Wahlén		Sound Foundation Inc.	    tel.    (613) 563-2226
mwahlen@soundfound.com  152 Hawthorne Ave.          fax.    (613) 563-2228
www.soundfound.com      K1S 0B3

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX