Re: A try at GNOME MDI

Jaka> I was thinking more of MDI children adding their menus to the
Jaka> main app menubar when they receive focus and removing them when
Jaka> they lose it. I guess that in non-MDI mode each top level window
Jaka> menubar would have to contain the global menus and its own
Jaka> specific menus.

This sounds like a good plan to me.

At the API layer, an MDI parent window could just be a gnome-app.
An MDI child window could also be a gnome-app, but with a new "parent"
field set to point to the MDI parent window.

When running in non-MDI mode, child windows would set their WM_GROUP
(etc) properties so that smart window managers could do their magic.

In MDI mode, then child windows would communicate their menu items to
their parent.

Tom