Re: A try at GNOME MDI
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>
- To: Jaka Mocnik <jaka mocnik kiss uni-lj si>
- Cc: tromey cygnus com, "gnome-list gnome org" <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: A try at GNOME MDI
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 19:01:00 -0700
Jaka> I was thinking more of MDI children adding their menus to the
Jaka> main app menubar when they receive focus and removing them when
Jaka> they lose it. I guess that in non-MDI mode each top level window
Jaka> menubar would have to contain the global menus and its own
Jaka> specific menus.
This sounds like a good plan to me.
At the API layer, an MDI parent window could just be a gnome-app.
An MDI child window could also be a gnome-app, but with a new "parent"
field set to point to the MDI parent window.
When running in non-MDI mode, child windows would set their WM_GROUP
(etc) properties so that smart window managers could do their magic.
In MDI mode, then child windows would communicate their menu items to
] [Thread Prev