Re: Brainstorm: Desktop

My only comment would be to suggest that the implementation of this
should
use VFS support and use a single .gnomerc to specify a URL to the rest.

There are several potential advantages for going that route rather than
just expecting a configuration tree to exist in the home directory.  The
first that I can think of is remote access to your configuration without
need of NFS or AFS.  If I set my configuration up to live under my HTML
directories, I could use my work configuration from home just by setting
my gnome 'root' to the HTTP URL for that configuration.

This also opens the possibility of having multiple configurations that
could be swapped by changing a single URL.  Additionally, if any of the
'extended attribute' functionality discussed on this list earlier ever
comes to exist, I'm betting the VFS will be at it's core.  I feel it is
likely that this directory heirarchy would make use of such features.