Re: Why irc.gnome.org?

BJörn Lindqvist wrote:

> Merging the irc.gnome.org server with the Freenode network, or making
> the domain redirect to a Freenode server would be trivial and would
> hardly inconvenience anyone. It is not the most important thing to do,
> just one small baby step in the right direction, IMO.

Before you claim that "merging the irc.gnome.org server with the
Freenode network ... would be trivial" I strongly suggest you carefully
read Freenode's linking policy.

http://freenode.net/hosting_ircd.shtml

Surrendering ircd and oper control of our IRC infrastructure in order to
fix a "problem" only one user sees is not something we're going to do. I
don't mean to be harsh, but between myself, Olav, Greg, and Jeff, I
think you have the final answer from the sysadmins.

We, however, take direction from the Foundation board and the developer
and user community. Feel free to raise the issue with them. We serve our
community, not vice versa.

Thanks for taking an interest!

./k

kurt von finck