Re: Why irc.gnome.org?

<quote who="BJörn Lindqvist">

> Why is it that all GNOME-related IRC channels are located on
> irc.gnome.org?

Mostly for historical reasons, but we continue to be very happy with it.

> Yes, I know someone will say that it is not a problem to use two irc
> servers simultaneously in any decent irc client. But it is, irc.gnome.org
> does not listen to port 6665 for example.

That doesn't make it harder to use two servers. :-) You'll find that many
participants in Open Source projects are connected to two or more!

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2007: Portland OR, USA        http://conferences.oreillynet.com/oscon/

      "Love never misses the chance to put the boot in." - Kelly, SLOU