Re: Why irc.gnome.org?
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- To: BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne gmail com>
- Cc: gnome-infrastructure gnome org
- Subject: Re: Why irc.gnome.org?
- Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 10:19:48 +1000
<quote who="BJörn Lindqvist">
> Why is it that all GNOME-related IRC channels are located on
Mostly for historical reasons, but we continue to be very happy with it.
> Yes, I know someone will say that it is not a problem to use two irc
> servers simultaneously in any decent irc client. But it is, irc.gnome.org
> does not listen to port 6665 for example.
That doesn't make it harder to use two servers. :-) You'll find that many
participants in Open Source projects are connected to two or more!
OSCON 2007: Portland OR, USA http://conferences.oreillynet.com/oscon/
"Love never misses the chance to put the boot in." - Kelly, SLOU
] [Thread Prev