Re: Setting up link between SVN commits and progress.g.o

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 06:15:28PM +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> Today at 13:42, Ross Golder wrote:
>
> > We could base this on the po-file pre-commit msgfmt check, but make it a
> > generic post-commit hook that, for po file changes, sends a mail to
> > 'gnomeweb progress gnome org' (the user that owns /var/www/damned-lies)
> > with a subject that gnomeweb's procmail can identify and run a script
> > on. This script would just parse REPO and REV out of the message and
> > pass it to update-stats.py. Much like the website auto-update stuff.
>
> Note that we need to run update-stats.py on every commit in a module
> since the strings may change with that commit.  Damned Lies is smart
> enough to regenerate only those PO files which are updated if only a
> PO file has been committed, and won't re-update all PO files if
> strings in POT haven't changed.

I've looked into this, and the only difficult part is determining the
branch. It seems that the /trunk + /branches/$SOMENAME structure is not
a requirement. A module can have any layout.

So my idea is to make a best effort to determine either if it is trunk
or some branch. When that fails, the only option is to pass "" to the
script.

Also wondered if someone could commit to e.g. /trunk and
/branch/something at the same time. Because ideally I'd only have the
script look at the first directory to make its branch/trunk decision.

Olav