Re: [GNOME-India] Re: About a presence at GNU/Linux Asia 2004

hi,
pradyumma wrote::

> Yeah ,and we need to publicise the GNOME integration project thats
going
> on in the form of bounties, which will be over by then.But Im sure
there
> will be a lot of developers out there who will say , "I want to
> contribute ,where shall I start".I really wish I could go to delhi
for
> LA 2004.

hunh... FAQ also needed then !!

> Ill do this.I know Kishore Bharghav personally and Ill contact him
ASAP.

get Raj Mathur into this also, iLUG-D is planning some promotional
campaign with T-Shirts, mugs and what not.

> Phew !! Thats a lot of money.Anyone thought , where we are going to
> source the money from ?

let me be stupid here (not that i am clever, but this is a public
declaration). prima facie there are the following difficulties ::

[1] GNOME-India is not a registered body. ergo cash/finance handling
is an issue. someone would have to take the onus on personally and
that is not a very headache free idea. we also have too little time
to register

[2] is it possible for either of these companies or anyone singly -
Novell, Ximian, Dell, Wipro to sponsor the infrastructure required
while the list provides the volunteers, demonstrators and techies ?
what say you ?

> >   Also, if someone comes from outside Delhi - we'll need to
provide
> >   travel/lodging/food expenses.
>
> Me me me ..

you want to be the first to provide hospitality facilities - pat on
your back for that ! or you desire to be the first captive consumer
of such facilities if provided/arranged ? pat on your back then also
for your enthusiasm. the more the merrier !!

> >   Then we can get an idea of how many computers we need -> how
many
> >   volunteers we need -> total cost.

rough calculation says we need at least 3 macs, so go figure

> I can talk/demo about the going to be released , much talked about
> Dashboard, Anjuta and Gnome Programming in general etc etc.

good - absolutely nice

the way i see it, in this case our disparate locations are proving to
be a burden, we need to get Delhi folks involved. as well as chalk
out the cost/sponsorship issue. send me some feelers on stupid idea
#2 and let us then talk with the committee.

considering that i was given to understand that Sayamindu will not be
going, his enthusiasm seems to be contagious...

cheers
sankarshan

---