Re: Git access for translators

Þann þri  4.sep 2018 19:15, skrifaði Daniel Mustieles García via gnome-i18n:
Ok so just to clear things and not to start a flame-war, I just want to use
my script to commit a bunch of translations, only that. If i have to commit
20 PO files with just one string modified throught DL I will simply ignore
them because all the click-work needed to do it it's not worth for me.

+1
Upload of multiple files at once is crucial for language coordinators; regularly we have to introduce new/better terms/wordings *all over* the project. Not to mention cases like when someone replaces project-wide all triple points [...] with real ellipsis […], leaving hundreds of otherwise correct strings fuzzy - this has happened in other projects I've been working on.

I only aim to work in translations and make my work as efficient as
possible. Dont mind I have Git access or web access, but if I have to spend
more time doing the commits manually than translating maybe we are doing
something wrong. I agree we have always tried to reduce git access, but I
think this case is more than justified to have it. And if you try the
script to commit translations you will problably want to have git access to
use it and not waste your time.

Can you provide this features in DL today? API seems not be able to do
that, so sorry for disagreeing again with you but currently DL is not
usable for us to cover our needs.

Best would be to add this feature through DL; Transifex has it via the tx-client, Pootle allows uploading of multiple ZIP-ed files (beware of keeping the file structure intact), KDE has synchronization via SVN. Most of the web-translation interfaces (Transifex, Crowdin, Weblate, etc.) also have a more/less functional search/replace for whole projects, which may in some cases might be substitute for multiple-file commits.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli

Regards

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 8:10 PM Daniel Mustieles García <