Re: Git access for translators

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:30 AM Daniel Mustieles García via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
Yes, translators are encouraged to use Damned Lies instead of accesing Git directly, but some translators (me, for example) might use an automated script (1) to push a bunch of translations instead of doing it one by one in Damned Lies, which implies so much click-work to upload and commit a PO file into a single module.

Damned lies has an API and your script could use it. If the API is not enough, we can extend it.

In my personal case I've also fixed wrong strings in documentation or commited patches into several modules, so I needed Git access.

No, you don’t. For those you can do a Merge request just like anyone else would.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker