Re: Git access for translators

El mar., 4 sept. 2018 17:50, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> escribió:
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:30 AM Daniel Mustieles García via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
Yes, translators are encouraged to use Damned Lies instead of accesing Git directly, but some translators (me, for example) might use an automated script (1) to push a bunch of translations instead of doing it one by one in Damned Lies, which implies so much click-work to upload and commit a PO file into a single module.

Damned lies has an API and your script could use it. If the API is not enough, we can extend it.

Where is it documented? Is it compatible with bash scripts? I've been using this script for several years without any problem, also mi Git access, and never received any disclaim about it, but thanks if I fixed a wrong string in docs... if game rules have changed due to gitlab migration maybe someone should explain them clearly... and then I could explain why this script is very useful for translators :-)

In my personal case I've also fixed wrong strings in documentation or commited patches into several modules, so I needed Git access.

No, you don’t. For those you can do a Merge request just like anyone else would.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker