Re: Question about translations

Sorry but I'm one of the trouble-makers :P
I've spent a few hours checking my recent commits. Quite a few broken
files. Sorry for that.

I agree with Jim that the validation procedure should be enhanced.
Actually on last year's Europe meeting I had suggested to improve
Damned Lies, since its file check is a little weak (you can check IRC
log). Maybe DL can provide more details about translation errors /
warnings? E.g. line number and kind of error? These sould be easy to
be extracted from msgfmt outputs. Online translation platforms do this
better by providing list of punctuation errors, line ending errors
etc. I guess this is easy to be implemented?

On the other hand, I recommend you developers contact us translators
as soon as you find any bug. We sometimes don't follow bugzilla. Email
us or talk on Hangouts should be the quickest way, I think. The email
addr can be easily found in po files and commit messages.