adding Shotwell to GNOME's translation project

Hi folks,

Fresh from our tentative success with Geary, we're taking a look at how we might start using Damned Lies for Shotwell.

The biggest issue with Shotwell is that we have two sets of .po files: one for the bulk of the project, and one for a set of optional extra publishing plugins.  What's the easiest way to handle this?  Specifically, how should we organize the source in directories so intltool et al. are happy, and is there anything specific that needs to happen for Damned Lies to recognize the two sets?

I'll admit ignorance about much of gettext and intltool -- I was wondering if the docs about multiple po domains here[1] would be of any help, but it doesn't quite sound like what we're trying to do: we essentially have two separate, mostly standalone projects inside one repo, not arbitrary separate domains inside one project.  Is there any other documentation about anything like what we're trying to do?

Thanks!
Charles

[1]: https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines/Avoid%20creating%20multi%20domain%20modules