Re: Tajik Translation Team

El dj 24 de 01 de 2013 a les 12:59 +0500, en/na Victor Ibragimov va
escriure:
> To whom it may concern,
>

> Hi! I am a new coordinator for Tajik Translation Team. For many years
> I have been working with Roger Kovacs on many translation and software
> localization projects.
>
> And now this is a great honour for me to join the Gnome Project and
> help to coordinate Tajik Translations.

GNOME is also glad to have a new translation team!

> For the past week over 100 files have been auto-translated with the
> exact matches from previous projects to make sure that basic Tajik
> terms, as "Copy, Paste, Delete, Confirm, Insert, File, Folder etc.."
> in Gnome translations become
>
> consistent with all other existing translations and products like KDE,
> Mandriva, Fedora, openSuse, PS-BSD, Libreoffice and others.

That's great, keeping consistency on the terminology is really important
and not just a time saving :)

> During the initial translation process of Gnome files I have collected
> information about the translatable strings and added some
> recommendations to the first "Gnome Specific Translation Guide for
> Tajik Language".
>
> Translators and reviewers can download this Guide from
> http://kde.tj/Gnome_Specific_Translation_Guide_for_Tajik_Language.rtf

That's awesome, new contributors and seasoned translators will
appreciate to have these guidelines.

> This guide provide almost full information needed to translators to
> get start with Gnome translations into Tajik.
>

> We now have to review and commit all translated files to Gnome to show
> up the statistics. That would be great to see the next release of
> Gnome with some Tajik so we can make testing and improvements.

As for the commit part, if you upload the files to
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/tg/ and send a mail to this mailing list
with the list of files uploaded someone will upload them for you.

> Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Same for you and everyone reading this!