RE: Tajik Translation Team

To whom it may concern,

Hi! I am a new coordinator for Tajik Translation Team. For many years I have been working with Roger Kovacs on many translation and software localization projects.

And now this is a great honour for me to join the Gnome Project and help to coordinate Tajik Translations.

For the past week over 100 files have been auto-translated with the exact matches from previous projects to make sure that basic Tajik terms, as "Copy, Paste, Delete, Confirm, Insert, File, Folder etc.." in Gnome translations become

consistent with all other existing translations and products like KDE, Mandriva, Fedora, openSuse, PS-BSD, Libreoffice and others.

During the initial translation process of Gnome files I have collected information about the translatable strings and added some recommendations to the first "Gnome Specific Translation Guide for Tajik Language".

Translators and reviewers can download this Guide from http://kde.tj/Gnome_Specific_Translation_Guide_for_Tajik_Language.rtf

This guide provide almost full information needed to translators to get start with Gnome translations into Tajik.

We now have to review and commit all translated files to Gnome to show up the statistics. That would be great to see the next release of Gnome with some Tajik so we can make testing and improvements.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Victor

New Gnome Tajik Language Coordinator