Re: 3.2 Release Notes Available for Translation

2011/9/20 Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Hi,

On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 17:58 +0530, திவாஜி wrote:
> I have this file translated to tamil (ta)
>
> this is a first translation in this language.
> kindly tell me what to do with it.
> if it can be git cloned great.
> i am used to that.

It is exactly the same as with any other help file of an application
that you translate (git clone, edit the po file and add your language to
DOC_LINGUAS in /help/Makefile.am, git commit, git push).
If you don't have "git push" permissions attach your translation to
http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/release-notes/gnome-3-2/help/ta so the
person with git permissions in your team can upload it to the git server
for you.

Hope that helps, but if you have any specific questions don't hesitate
to ask on this list.

You can find the repository name if you visit the L10n project page for Release Notes.
1. From the above URL, click on GNOME Release Notes
and you are sent to
http://l10n.gnome.org/module/release-notes/
2. There, the link for Browse Repository takes you to
http://git.gnome.org/browse/release-notes/
where you find the repository URL for cloning,

git://git.gnome.org/release-notes

3. Finally, a difference between the 'release-notes' repository and any other GNOME repository
is that here you commit to the appropriate branch only, 'gnome-3-2'. The 'master' branch is empty and you see no files.

4. If all goes well, you will see your translation at
http://git.gnome.org/browse/release-notes/log/?h=gnome-2-32
That's it!

Simos