Re: String freeze break for ekiga

On 16/09/11 17:32, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
On 09/16/2011 11:02 AM, Eugen Dedu wrote:

I know I am late, but, given some feedbacks from users, I really think
it is useful to introduce to ekiga users what you need to make ekiga
working. So I would like to commit a string such as:

"If you do not have a SIP or a H323 account, ekiga can be used only in
your network (for example inside your enterprise). On the contrary,
you need such an account if you want to be joined by people on
Internet. Many Web sites allow you to create an account. We propose
you to use a free ekiga.net acount, which allows you to be joined by
any person with any SIP account. If you are satisfied how ekiga works
for you and you want to call regular/land phones too, we propose you
to buy a diamond.us SIP account, which has cheap prices.

The following two pages allow you to create such accounts."

Is it possible to add this string?

I can't tell you if a string addition is possible, but that phrasing is
pretty awkward in English (and "account" is spelled incorrectly in one
place). I would suggest this instead:

"If you do not have a SIP or H323 account, ekiga can only be used on
your local internal network (inside your company, for example). You will
require an account if you want to be accessible to people on the
Internet. Many web sites allow you to create an account. We suggest
that you use a free ekiga.net account, which allows you to be joined by
any person with a SIP account. If you want to call regular phone lines
too, we suggest that you purchase an inexpensive diamond.us SIP account.

The following two pages allow you to create such accounts."

I hope this is helpful!

Indeed, thank you very much!  I will commit it.

--
Eugen