Re: LaTeXila: some questions

Le mardi 19 juillet 2011 à 16:05 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet a écrit :
> Done. Now LaTeXila uses ITS Tool for managing translations of the
> Mallard documentation, the build tools and the templates.
>
> I hope that the integration with Damned Lies will go smoothly.
>
> To update the *.pot, there are some scripts:
> - update_pot.sh
> - help/update_help_pot.sh
> - data/templates/update_templates_pot.sh
> - data/build_tools/update_build_tools_pot.sh
>
> These scripts can be merged into one single script if needed. But I
> don't know how Damned Lies update the *.pot in other projects.

Hi Sébastien,

GNOME modules have standard ways of generating pot files. Damned Lies
uses these standards, because it would be too heavy to set up a
different process for each module.

* For source code strings, the standard is intltool. D-L runs
intltool-update in the /po directory (it is possible to have several
domain per module). Translators then commit in /po/<lang>.po

* For documentation (either DocBook or Mallard), D-L is reading
variables (DOC_* or HELP_*) in /<help_dir>/Makefile.am to get a list of
files, then uses xml2po or itstool to generate pot with these files.
Translators commit in /<help_dir>/<lang>/<lang.po>

If it could be possible for you to abide to these standards, it would be
nice. I could possibly adapt D-L to read from another file than
Makefile.am, but we'd like to keep the general process as it is
currently.

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net