Re: LaTeXila: some questions

Hi Claude,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 06:39:45PM +0200, Claude Paroz wrote:
> Le mardi 19 juillet 2011 à 16:05 +0200, Sébastien Wilmet a écrit :
> > Done. Now LaTeXila uses ITS Tool for managing translations of the
> > Mallard documentation, the build tools and the templates.
> >
> > I hope that the integration with Damned Lies will go smoothly.
>
> GNOME modules have standard ways of generating pot files. Damned Lies
> uses these standards, because it would be too heavy to set up a
> different process for each module.
>
> * For source code strings, the standard is intltool. D-L runs
> intltool-update in the /po directory (it is possible to have several
> domain per module). Translators then commit in /po/<lang>.po

It should be OK for this part now.

> * For documentation (either DocBook or Mallard), D-L is reading
> variables (DOC_* or HELP_*) in /<help_dir>/Makefile.am to get a list of
> files, then uses xml2po or itstool to generate pot with these files.
> Translators commit in /<help_dir>/<lang>/<lang.po>
>
> If it could be possible for you to abide to these standards, it would be
> nice. I could possibly adapt D-L to read from another file than
> Makefile.am, but we'd like to keep the general process as it is
> currently.

I've created the Makefile.am. With CMake I don't need to list all the
files, I simply use "*.po", "*.page", etc. So the Makefile.am is there
only for the integration with D-L :)

=====

If the above points are OK, there is one more problem to solve, because
ITS Tool is used for the build tools and the templates, located in:
- data/build_tools/
- data/templates/

Unlike the Mallard doc, these XML files use a custom .its file.

How to integrate this with D-L?

Thanks,
Sébastien