Re: LaTeXila: some questions

Hi Sebastien!

> For the master branch it doesn't matter, but you have also pushed the
> two commits in the 'releases-2-2' branch. This branch is for _releases_
> only. It contains the C code generated, and it's useless to duplicate
> commits there... When I want to make a new release, I merge the master
> branch into the releases branch.
>
> So please avoid pushing commits elsewhere than the master branch.

This is completely against the usual workflow for the GNOME release
process. A releate-x-y (or better gnome-x-y) branch means that this
branch will be used for the stable x.y.[1,2,3,...] releases and that
strings are frozen in that branch. This way translators can update their
translation if they have be incomplete in a minor release.

The master branch is (usually) not string frozen and contains new
features, etc. Generated files shouldn't be in git at all - they should
be in the release tarballs only.

It would be nice if you could adapt that workflow as it is useful not
only for translations.

Regards,
Johannes