Re: Sorting POTFILES.in/skip (was: Evolution-xmltv)

2011/8/24 Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag gmail com>:
> 2011/8/24 F Wolff <friedel translate org za>:
>> Is there a policy on this?
>
> Not that I know of. It seems to me that this is an expected behavior
> though, since most POTFILES.in have this in the header:
>
> # Please keep this list in alphabetic order.

Not a formal policy, just a convenience. In the early days when every
maintainer used their own arrangement of POTFILES.in, or just added
stuff at the end as things went on, accidental omissions in the file
list were difficult to spot visually. And omissions and stray
inclusions were unfortunately the norm... Keeping the lists sorted
makes it easier to visually spot omissions and stray inclusions.

What is the problem you are trying to fix?