Re: Translating schema files (was: Re: Survey results (yay!))

El ds 30 de 10 de 2010 a les 22:14 +0200, en/na Matej Urban va escriure:
> No ...
>
> Do not split the translation.
>
> Consider gnome-games UI and help.
> Translating UI is like hell, because there are no comments and you
> have to sometimes guess which game the string belongs to, but when you
> finish, you push ONE file that is exactly where it should be in the
> git tree. With one simple script, you can push every minute if you
> wish ... no extra work.

That's the same rationale as Johannes argued ... changed a script it's a
one-time work, having to work with UI+schemas is a each-time consuming
job without any real benefit.

> Now you take documentation ...
> Every game has its own location, which is a hell for scripts,
> multiplied strings, multiplied errors ...
> I was just preparing to start bugging the DL team to FORCE same
> structure of translations and documentation and FORCE one file for all
> translations of one project with COMMENTS! THE DL team should also
> force forking master after the stable release.

I'm not talking about documentation, it can be perfectly kept as a
single po file, since it doesn't make any sense to split documentation
(GNOME Games is a different story and it makes sense there).

Cheers,

--
gil forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net