Re: xml errors in documentation

Op Wo, 2010-10-20 om 09:50 +0200 skryf Claude Paroz:
> Le mercredi 20 octobre 2010 à 02:23 +0200, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> > Am Mittwoch, den 20.10.2010, 00:36 +0200 schrieb Ask Hjorth Larsen:
> > > This is a breakdown of every xml error in every translated
> > > documentation string in GNOME
> >
> > Thanks a lot. Fixed for cs.
>
> Fixed for fr also.
>
> > > The xml checks were performed with the utility gtxml from pyg3t  (in
> > > case you want to run your own xml checks subsequently):
> > >   https://launchpad.net/pyg3t
> >
> > Naive idea: Could something similar could run on l10n.gnome.org and
> > display an error on the website (or already when uploading it)?
>
> Talking of QA tool integration, I'd prefer beginning with
> translate-toolkit [1].
> Can you tell us how this project is different from it and why they
> couldn't be merged?
>
> Claude
>
> [1] http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index

>From a _very_ quick look, it seems that an XML parser is used to check
for valid XML, whereas pofilter from the Translate Toolkit checks for
the use of the same XML, and that attributes are unchanged (except for
things like alt and title in HTML).

I've wanted to do something similar to actually check for valid XML
structure in pofilter's xmltags test, and I think that would be a good
change to do.  However, I think pofilter still has an interesting
approach here in that it restricts the translator's XML vocabulary, and
that it has 40 other tests, of course.

In the case where the source string wasn't valid XML to begin with
(snippets, or invalid entities), I guess pofilter will give the only
possibility for automated QA.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: