Re: New module proposal: Clutter core

2010/10/11 Ask Hjorth Larsen <asklarsen gmail com>:
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Kenneth Nielsen <k nielsen81 gmail com> wrote:
[...]
>> I agree. From the point of a translation coordinator. The best choise
>> is to have all translations in one place that he/she controls.
>> Alternatively, when that fails the second best options is to have all
>> the translations centered in as few solutions as possible. And there
>> are important things to look for when determining which to use, but
>> I'll dive into that in the separate thread that has been stated.
>>
>> \Kenneth
>
> And from the point of view of a translator grunt who just wants to
> convert as many strings as possible with as little fuss as possible,
> it's much easier if you can just get those sodding files from
> somewhere central :).  Experienced translators will find it annoying
> to have to go somewhere else, and to new translators it will even be a
> barrier.  The ability to (so far) get all the GNOME strings from one
> place should not be underestimated.

FWIW, if you and Kenneth are only replying to the gnome-i18n list, you
are only preaching to the choir. We, translators, already know this.

It is on desktop-devel-list, where new module proposals are being
proposed and discussed by all contributors, where such important
points should be raised.