Re: New module proposal: Clutter core

Hi!

Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>, Thu, 7 Oct 2010 07:55:42 -0400:

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>
> > I think the right solution is to improve l10n.gnome.org so that it can
> > interacts with other platforms (like transifex) where there is a team
> > control.
> >
> > Alternatively we can also investigate something similar to where
> > transifex is heading to: host the po files on l10n.gnome.org and add
> > some autofoo magic that would download the po files from there during
> > 'make dist'.
>
> I think moving toward transifex or a similar distributed approach for
> translations is the way to go.

When it comes to consistency in translation (which matters), not
distributed approach, but centralized effort of community is the key to
success. That's what I learned from several years of translating FLOSS
projects. And I guess that other translators observed that as well.

My 10 hellers though,
Petr Kovar