Re: New module proposal: Clutter core

2010/10/10 Petr Kovar <pmkovar gnome org>:
> Hi!
>
> Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>, Thu, 7 Oct 2010 07:55:42 -0400:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>>
>> > I think the right solution is to improve l10n.gnome.org so that it can
>> > interacts with other platforms (like transifex) where there is a team
>> > control.
>> >
>> > Alternatively we can also investigate something similar to where
>> > transifex is heading to: host the po files on l10n.gnome.org and add
>> > some autofoo magic that would download the po files from there during
>> > 'make dist'.
>>
>> I think moving toward transifex or a similar distributed approach for
>> translations is the way to go.
>
> When it comes to consistency in translation (which matters), not
> distributed approach, but centralized effort of community is the key to
> success. That's what I learned from several years of translating FLOSS
> projects. And I guess that other translators observed that as well.

I agree. From the point of a translation coordinator. The best choise
is to have all translations in one place that he/she controls.
Alternatively, when that fails the second best options is to have all
the translations centered in as few solutions as possible. And there
are important things to look for when determining which to use, but
I'll dive into that in the separate thread that has been stated.

\Kenneth