Re: Cathedral, bazaar models and DL

Am Samstag, den 15.05.2010, 13:38 +0300 schrieb Ihar Hrachyshka:
> but in Belarusian (which I coordinate for GNOME) there are big problems
> with spelling, and grammar, and lexics, and consistency among all (!)
> contributions. And situation seems not to advance though every time I
> get new translation I send review results to translator.
>
> This situation is the result of current minor language status and lack
> of fluent language speakers with good technical knowledge in community.

Does Belarussian have a public glossary?
Assuming that those English terms that can receive several different
translations in another language are similar it might be worth to check
existing public glossaries of other languages in GNOME to identify those
English terms and then using something like http://open-tran.eu/ or
grep'ing in the .po files of a local checkout of all modules to find all
uses of them in Belarussian.

I wonder whether GNOME I18N should have a centralized wikipage listing
links to existing glossaries of languages.

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed