Re: Question about generating pot file.

(07/14/10 18:01), Claude Paroz-san wrote:
AFAIR, I already tried to generate the POT file for gnucash in the past.
I think that the problem was multiline Scheme strings that intltool
doesn't parse properly. Hence the custom script.

If you mean <long> tag in .schemas file, I think intltool works fine in my test.

% cd gnucash/po
% intltool-update -p

% view ../src/gnome/schemas/apps_gnucash_dialog_commodities.schemas.in
        <long>This setting contains a list of names which controls the order
        in which the columns are listed in the dialog.  Names may be reordered

% view gnucash.pot
#: ../src/gnome/schemas/apps_gnucash_dialog_commodities.schemas.in.h:14
msgid ""
"This setting contains a list of names which controls the order in which the "
"columns are listed in the dialog. Names may be reordered or removed from "

If you mean multi lines in Python, Probably C-style only works with intltool.
   _("aaa..."
     "bbb...");

I don't mind using a custom script, as far as:
1. the script can be run without building the project

Yes, I think intltool works without building it.
Probably GETTEXT_PACKAGE would need the simple ASCII name in configure.[ac|in] without shell variables to generate the .pot file.

2. the script is in a "common" language script (bash/Python/Perl), e.g.
installed by default in a standard Linux distributions.

Probably I think the condition is satisfied.

% rpm -q --requires intltool
/bin/sh
/usr/bin/perl
automake
gettext-devel
patch
perl(Cwd)
perl(Encode)
perl(File::Basename)
perl(File::Copy)
perl(File::Find)
perl(Getopt::Long)
perl(Text::Wrap)
perl(XML::Parser)
perl(bytes)
perl(strict)
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1

Cheers,

Claude