Question about generating pot file.

Before making a decision of hosting a project to, I would like to know how well supporting the generation of .pot for translation. I was told that cannot handle the input strings from .c, .scm, .glade, and automatically 1 or 2 years ago. However, my project depends on those parts. I think it might be a misunderstanding or it might change since then. Could you tell me the current status of handling those files? Thanks.

Tao Wang