Re: Question about generating pot file.

Le mardi 13 juillet 2010 à 13:36 +1000, Tao Wang a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Before making a decision of hosting a project to gnome.org, I would
> like to know how well gnome.org supporting the generation of .pot for
> translation. I was told that l10.gnome.org cannot handle the input
> strings from .c, .scm, .glade, and .schemas.in automatically 1 or 2
> years ago. However, my project depends on those parts. I think it
> might be a misunderstanding or it might change since then. Could you
> tell me the current status of handling those files? Thanks.

Hi,

I don't see exactly what problem/bug you are referring to in your
message, but I think the best thing to do would be to send us the URL of
your current repository and tell us what method you use to generate your
pot file.
l10n.gnome.org generally use the standard intltool method to generate
pot files for UI strings (`intltool-update -p` in the /po directory).
There are some exceptions but we'd like to keep them as low as possible.

I may then be able to generate a sample pot file so as you can see if it
suits your needs.

Cheers,

Claude
--