Re: changed addresses or people?

 On ۱۰/۰۸/۲۸ 01:38, mahyar moqimi wrote:
> Hi Roozbeh
> first of all thank you very much for your consideration.
> that would be very good if some old translators become active again.
> Do you know mohi(mohammad reza mirdamadi)?
> he is a very active guy in launchpad translation,may be the only
> active in launchpad fa reviewers rght now. He is a friend of mine and
> an active member of Mashhadlug and the owner of linuxshop.
> may be you can talk to him about the coordination.may be he will accept.
> By the way there is not much time for the next release of ubuntu, so I
> really want to make these translations ready for then.
> can you guess when would a new coordinator be available?
> will they accept? what if none of them accepts! because no one is
> working on the project right now, and coordination is harder than
> translation. so if they don't have time for translation they won't
> have time for coordination.
> I still hope that works and again I thank you very much for working on
> this
> sincerly
>
> Mahyar Moghimi
> Iranian Free Software Users Group - www.IFSUG.org <http://www.IFSUG.org>
>

> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh gmail com
> <mailto:roozbeh gmail com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Mahyar,
>
>     I'm talking to other old members of the Persian translation team
>     to hand over the coordinatorship, as I don't have the time any
>     more. In the meanwhile, please file bugs in the GNOME bugzilla for
>     your translations against the Persian translations module, and see
>     if you can get any of the other people who have translated stuff
>     to review your work (check for other bugs against the same
>     module). I personally do not have the time to do thorough reviews
>     these days, but will be able to do a second review after somebody
>     reviews your work.
>
>     Best,
>     Roozbeh
>

>     On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM, mahyar moqimi
>     <mahyar moqimi gmail com <mailto:mahyar moqimi gmail com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi
>         With great thanks to everyone here for all your efforts in
>         gnome and free software.
>         It's a bit more than two weeks that I have started translating
>         gnome to Persian.
>         I sent an email to the coordinator in the address:
>         http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/fa
>         and also to the list specified. but I got no answer.
>         Does any body know if there has been a change in addresses or
>         people which is not mentioned.
>         or is there a coordinator available/active for persian.
>         I have done these translations so far and they need review:
>         http://l10n.gnome.org/users/moonfriend/
>
>         sincerely
>         Mahyar Moghimi
>         www.ifsug.org <http://www.ifsug.org> - Iranian Free Software
>         Users Group

I want to add my two points ;
gnome uses a very annoying approach for translation interface (
damned-lies <http://git.gnome.org/browse/damned-lies/> ). it's always
hard to commit translation's files into gits for translators and
coordinators. Gnome should use other trans-instances like pootle or
transifex. this will decrease the current work flow, just
translate-submit (direct commit) not translate-bug-submit (indirect). I,
myself, give up translating here just because of this peculiar approach
of l10n - Gnome.
the second, as Roozbeh mentioned here and before he has no time for the
Gnome translation coordination.so take an opportunity to reshape the
team with a new leadership. Ok let's ask who wants to take this
position? older members, are you around?

--
Mostafa
http://mostafadaneshvar.com/