Re: legal notice must not translated?

Hi!

I am not entirely sure if we set up a formal GNOME policy at least I
couldn't find something in the wiki.

But AFAIK this discussion came up from time to time and it is right that
you must NOT translate legal notices because the software is licensed
with the exact wording and not in any translation.

Usually the legal notice (usually GPLv2 or v3) shouldn't be marked for
translation.

There are several sources of translations for different licenses and
it's ok to point to those for your personal information but they are not
and will never replace the original license text.

Regards,
Johannes