Re: New GNOME Website - Translation

Am Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:30:50 +0200 schrieb F Wolff:

> Op Ma, 2009-06-08 om 12:03 +0000 skryf Jens W. Klein:
>> At the end thats what it is all about. But to get there integration
>> work
>> need to be done.
>>
>> In short:
>>
>> 1) Plone has a great system dealing with translations. It does work
>> with
>> PO/POT (gettext) on one level (developer-level), on the other level
>> (author/editor-level) it does not.
>
> I couldn't follow all the details, but just a quick comment:
>
> Long ago when I looked at Plone PO files, they were non-standard with
> the English in the comments, instead of in the msgid field. We need to
> make sure that the files are formatted to the way we and our tools are
> used to, with the English in the msgid field. But if we use xml2po, I
> guess that is what we will have.

In page-templates and much more in text used in code we usally have a
msgid as a real id. If there are no explicit msgids are given as fallback
the english string is used by our pot-file extraction and po-
synchronization tool (i18ndude). But page-templates and text-in-code are
translated already into several languages by the Plone-i18n-team.

The content itself is handled different and here gnome-i18n-team needs to
translate. This will be handled with xml2po and so everything is like you
need it afterwards.

best regards

Jens
--
Jens W. Klein - Klein & Partner KEG - BlueDynamics Alliance