Connect Plone to GNOME's translation infrastructure (was:New GNOME Website - Translation)

Hi Shaun,
Hi Danilo,
Hi all,

I took the liberty to cc Shaun and Danilo as the gnome-doc-utils
maintainers (I don't know if you're subscribed to this list). If there
is someone else to be involved that can help feel free to cc.

We are developing a new w.g.o. (with plone again) and work on a translation
export-/import mechanism that suites the translation team requirements.

The rough plot is to provide xml that needs to be pulled, transformed to po
and put in the repositories. The (faily plone centric description) with an
link to an example xml file is described here:
<http://live.gnome.org/action/edit/GnomeWeb/Plone/Translation>

The questions are:
* Is the proposed export/import functionality for plone enough to connect
  it to the translation infrastructure? What is missing?
* who can write a mode for xml2po to transform the xml?
* who can write the glue code to connect w.g.o to the translation
  repositories?
* who is able to integrate these parts into the gnome infrastructure?
* Are there other suggestions to connect Plone to GNOME i18n?

The Plone folks (Jens ;-) will add the necessary functionality to Plone and
help with the rest as much a possible.

..Carsten